[minervacirc] Extending the time before the OPAC reverts to default?

Cynthia Young cynthia.catherine at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 10:40:05 EDT 2013

The keyword search was determined to be more user-friendly because the
results appear differently than a title search.  I just searched Little Red
Riding Hood in our OPAC scoped to EMCC as keywords and title.  The title
search brought up three different Little Red Riding Hood titles, but it
doesn't tell the patron anything about them.  It's simply a list.  The
patron is forced to click on each one to determine the correct one.  The
keyword search brings up the titles with pictures, location and format.
The keyword search is more beneficial to patrons in my opinion.

Cynthia Young, MLIS
Associate Librarian | Circulation & Tech Services
Eastern Maine Community College
354 Hogan Road
Bangor, Maine  04401
cyoung at emcc.edu