[minervacirc] Lexile numbers

Moreno, Judith jmoreno at cmcc.edu
Wed Jun 5 10:23:45 EDT 2013

Hello,
Being able to search by Lexile number is very helpful to parents and teachers, I would even argue critical to connecting readers to appropriate level texts.  Children need to be reading at or above their assessed level in order to keep skills up.  On a personal note, my 3rd grade daughter's teacher recently told me that we should be looking for books for her to read that are at or above an 880 lexile while on summer vacation.  I'm not sure where the page you found should live, but it is important information to keep.

Cheers!
Judi Moreno
Public Services Librarian
CMCC
jmoreno at cmcc.edu<mailto:jmoreno at cmcc.edu>

forwarded message below:

Hi, all

In cleaning up the website, there is page on searching by lexile number (http://www.maine.gov/infonet/minerva/circulation/howtolexile.htm).  I've never heard of this, so I'm wondering if anyone is even doing it?  Maybe it works so well that I've never heard a complaint?  Or maybe it's old news and can be pruned.

IF you want me to keep the page, please reply and let me know by the end of the week.

Thanks,

Judi Moreno
Public Services Librarian
Central Maine Community College