[minervacirc] Preparation for Sierra Migration

Lynn Uhlman lynn.uhlman at maineinfonet.org
Wed Aug 20 17:08:43 EDT 2014

Hello Minervians--

We are in the countdown phase of the Minerva migration to Sierra.
Currently, we’re scheduled to migrate on Monday, September 8th.

For those who are interested in seeing a fully-operational Sierra, a 15
minute video detailing the similarities and differences to Millennium has
been created from the URSUS system. Hopefully, it will allay any fears and
apprehension you may have.

**Spoiler alert**

Sierra appears to be cast in the same mould as Millennium
functionality-wise.

*Username Survey*

We would also like to ask that any individuals or libraries that have not
filled in the survey to do so before 8 p.m. Friday, August 22nd. Anyone who
tries to access the survey after that time period will need to submit a
ticket at http://support.maineinfonet.org.

Username Form Link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/minervausernames

*Reminders*

Please refer to the Sierra Information page for up-to-date alerts and
information:

http://www.maineinfonet.org/supportportal/sierra-migration-information/

password: sierra

If you missed previous instructions about installing the Sierra
application, they can be found here:

http://www.maineinfonet.org/install-sierra-minerva/

password: sierra

If you missed previous instructions about setting up your username in
Sierra, they can be found here:

http://www.maineinfonet.org/minerva-sierra-usernames

password: sierra

*Keep in the Know*

In preparation, please keep an eye on postings to this list, as we will
soon be sending information about testing your username (formerly initials
in Millennium) and password. If there are staff members who are not on this
listserv, please have them sign up, as this is where we share all critical
system messages.

If you have any questions or concerns, please drop us a line at our help
desk: http://support.maineinfonet.org

​Respectfully,​

*Lynn A. Uhlman*
*Systems Training and Support Librarian*

*Maine InfoNet*
Email: lynn.uhlman at maineinfonet.org <mail+to:lynn.uhlman at maineinfonet.org>