[minervacirc] Minerva ILL loan rules?

Bethany Martel BMartel at lewistonmaine.gov
Mon Dec 29 16:17:02 EST 2014

Sorry for the cross posting but I sent this out to MeLib not realizing there were many non-Minerva libraries there....
Any help would be much appreciated!

Here is my post:

First I want to apologize as this may seem like a silly question, however, the last two supervisors in my position were gone for several years before I was hired and some information has been lost during the gap.

Using the Maine Infonet website I was able to find the URSUS circulation policy as well as MaineCat but I have been unable to find anything detailing how overdue fees are calculated on Minerva ILL items.

Are there Minerva wide late fees or are the late fees assessed based on the owning libraries loan rules?  Looking at some of our patron records the late fees are definitely not calculated based on our loan rules but they are also not calculated uniformly.  It appears they are calculated based on the owning library's loan rules.  Is this correct?  Or should all Minerva items have the same exact fee when returned on the same day?

Beth Wulleman (Martel)    Lending Services Supervisor
Lewiston Public Library 200 Lisbon St.     Lewiston, ME  04240     Voice: 207.513.3134 www.LPLonline.org<http://www.lplonline.org/>

The next time you make an Amazon purchase shop at Smile.Amazon.com<smile.amazon.com>.  Choose "the Friends of the Lewiston Public Library" as your organization to support.
 It is free & Amazon will donate a portion of their proceeds to LPL!