[minervacirc] Library cards on phones

James Rathbun jrathbun at msln.net
Mon Mar 3 10:38:47 EST 2014

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone out there allows people to check out items using
their phones and, if so, how you handle the confidentiality aspect of that;
people with multiple cards on their phones, people who just have the number
but not an actual image of the barcode, etc. We've always required either a
physical card or photo ID to check out here but with the changing times
we're considering allowing people to use barcodes stored on their phones if
we can work out how to do it and maintain our commitment to confidentiality
at the same time.

Thanks!
James

--