[minervacirc] RDA & material type challenge on title paging lists...

Bethany Martel BMartel at lewistonmaine.gov
Tue Mar 18 15:02:10 EDT 2014

I'm not sure which listserv to send this out on so I will safely start with Circ.  :)

We are running into issues with non-fiction items on our title paging lists not reflecting material type.  Staff will be searching for a book only to find out that the item is actually a DVD.
Prior to RDA changes the material type always showed up on the list.  Now, if the material type is not indicated in the call #, we have no way of knowing if our non-fiction items are books, DVDs, etc.

Is there any way to change what information appears on the title paging list?

Beth Martel     Circulation & Interlibrary Loan Supervisor
Lewiston Public Library 200 Lisbon St.     Lewiston, ME  04240     Voice: 207.513.3004 xt 3506 www.lplonline.org<http://www.lplonline.org/>

The next time you make an Amazon purchase shop at Smile.Amazon.com<smile.amazon.com>.  Choose "the Friends of the Lewiston Public Library" as your organization to support.
 It is free & Amazon will donate a portion of their products to LPL!