[minervacirc] RDA & material type challenge on title paging lists...

Alisia Revitt alisia.revitt at maineinfonet.org
Wed Mar 19 18:02:57 EDT 2014

Sorry to lead with the obvious question, but I don't see paging slips often
enough to remember: Is the item location given on the paging slips
anywhere?  Probably not since you're asking, but what I'm asking is if it
was books, how would you know where it was shelved if it was new (if you
shelve those separately) or some equivalent other place?

The teaser answer to your question is that it *will* be possible to control
what appears on the paging slips . . . when we have migrated to Sierra.  It
works in such a way that we can create print templates that define which
fields (from a given set, but including things like location (and hopefully
mat type, but don't quote me offhand)) are in the notices and how they are
formatted.  Eureka! (to keep with the California theme) (please tell me
some geography nerd out there laughed at that.)

Short answer: Hopefully someone has a good solution now, but it will be
fixable by the end of the year.

 Alisia Revitt  |  Library Systems Manager  |  Maine InfoNet  |
alisia.revitt at maineinfonet.org