[minervacirc] New Feature Enabled

Lynn Uhlman lynn.uhlman at maineinfonet.org
Mon Aug 24 15:01:53 EDT 2015

**UPDATE**

It appears that this feature does allow Library staff to override a hold on
patron accounts through the SDA. From the manual description it appeared
that overriding would be blocked if there weren't any available copies,
however, after reading it again this only applies to patron's. I have
verified that patron's are blocked from renewing in this type of situation.

So, the long and the short is that it is possible to renew on records with
existing bib-level holds and no available copies. This can only occur
though if staff click through the "Authorization Required - Override"
prompts. Please inform desk staff to be aware when trying to renew items
that have holds to first check if there are available copies to fulfill the
title-level holds.

To do this:

   - Right-click on the item in the patron's Holds tab.
   - Select View This Item.
   - Change the Summary View drop-down menu to Holds/Bookings if not
   already selected.
   - Review the status column for 'Available'.
   - If there are available items, it should be okay to renew.

There is an upcoming Circulation Round Table, September 17th, in case more
discussion is needed.

Respectfully,

*Lynn A. Uhlman*
*Systems Training and Support Librarian*

*Maine InfoNet*
Email: lynn.uhlman at maineinfonet.org <mail+to:lynn.uhlman at maineinfonet.org>