[minervacirc] Less streamlined experience: printing and checking in

Alisia Revitt alisia.revitt at maineinfonet.org
Wed Feb 18 07:20:45 EST 2015

Hi, All.

Last evening III turned off streamlined printing, so it should  no longer
automatically print routing slips for items going to other libraries.
Streamlined checkin is still on, so there is no message asking if you want
to check in, put into transit, etc.    Please give it a go and see if it is
satisfactory.  You will have to launch a new session to see the changes, so
if you left Sierra running all night, restart.  (Generally speaking,
leaving it running overnight is probably not healthy, fyi.)

We turned on the streamlined checkin because there was a broad consensus
that it was a good thing and it was frequently requested.  However, a
couple of people have said that it isn't what they thought it would be when
they said they wanted it.  I suggest that we continue to use this for the
rest of the week, and if there are still mixed feelings, then we can work
on a way of seeing which way the bulk of opinion goes: to keep or to return
to the old ways.

Thanks,

 Alisia Revitt  |  Library Systems Manager  |  Maine InfoNet  |
alisia.revitt at maineinfonet.org