[minervacirc] 3-Week AV Minerva Loan Rules - 6 Months Later

Bethany Wulleman BWulleman at lewistonmaine.gov
Sat Jan 10 11:14:36 EST 2015

Here is our perspective concerning patron satisfaction.  Our local policy is to lend Entertainment DVDs for 1 week with a 1 week renewal if no holds exist.

This 3 week trial took place just as we took a 40% budget cut to our materials.
We can no longer purchase items to meet our patron needs like we used to so our patrons are stuck with long wait times on popular items that we do not own and cannot purchase.

Our patrons are now waiting much longer than they used to for ILL DVDs to return.
Our "New" racks are bare.  Literally empty.  Between the budget cut and 3 week ILL borrowing period we have very little to offer anyone walking in.

I've got a patron who has been on the list for True Blood Season 6 since July 2014.  Now that the order has arrived there are 35 other people waiting with 7 owning libraries.
Counting only the existing holds & zero renewals (no future requests from owning libraries) my patron could go 6 more months before she gets this item.

I've got 3 more patrons waiting for Lost Girl Season 4 since October 2014.  Only 2 owning libraries with 1 in repair. They have at least 9 more weeks before seeing the only circulating copy, as long as neither library has any more local patrons requesting it.

Boardwalk Empire Season 4 -- patron has been on the list since October, 13 copies out there, 15 more weeks of waiting without any more local people requesting their local copies....

These are just 3 examples.  This is something our patrons are frustrated with daily.

So our perspective, measuring success by patron satisfaction, shows failure here in Lewiston.