[minervacirc] Fine Weirdness, Patrons being charged replacement cost on returned items

Chris christine_eames at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 29 22:11:41 EDT 2015

Lynn,We are seeing this happen more and more.  I ran bills tonight and noticed that I had numerous bills for different patrons where the item status was Available and on our shelves, or in some cases the items were checked out to other patrons already with due dates in August!  None of these items were listed in the patrons' Checked Out Items lists.  But they were all listed as Replacements under Fines.  The one common theme I found was that when I looked at View This Fine for each one, the Date Assessed all showed times before 7:00 in the morning, when we would have absolutely no one checking in books here.
I know that III knows about this issue and that they are working on an Update, but this is a serious problem and a PR nightmare for us with our patrons.  I can give you the names of 16 of our patrons that have this issue on their cards, involving 20 different books, and we have fixed it on the records of another 6 or so.  Something needs to be done about this quickly!
Christine EamesLending ServicesCurtis Memorial Library23 Pleasant St.Brunswick, Maine 04011ceames at curtislibrary.com