[minervacirc] High Demand Hold Digest - July 2015

Josh Tiffany jtiffany at gray.lib.me.us
Fri Jul 31 13:35:53 EDT 2015

Greetings and salutations!

The end of July doesn't just mean chilling temperatures, back-to-school
adverts, and a creeping sense of less traffic on the roads - it means
another fun adventurous plunge into the world of High Demand Holds.

As suspected, after a few generations of silence Harper Lee stormed to the
top of our most requested list.  Personally, I am very interested to see if
the requests keep piling on, or whether the pre-publication hoop-la drove
the interest which will dwindle rapidly.  And happy to see Maine's own Paul
Doiron hanging out at number - hopefully one day the NY Times bestseller
list will give him the same respect.

And taking a quick peek into A/V land, all I have to say in buy a copy of
THE WOMAN IN GOLD.  Seriously.  Stop reading and order your copy now.  An
entertaining and important film with a stellar cast, plus 137 folks out
there in Minerva land hoping to get a copy soon.

So enjoy what remains of the summer, buy some good stuff that make your
users swoon, and I'll see you in the chill of autumn.

Josh

BOOKS

1)      Go Set a Watchman - Harper Lee (287 holds on 92 copies)

2)      The Precipice - Paul Doiron (201 holds on 62 items)

3)      In the Unlikely Event - Judy Bloom (158 holds on 56 copies)

4)      The English Spy - Daniel Silva (147 holds on 45 copies)

5)      The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up - Marie Kondo (140 holds on 53
copies)

6)      The Rumor - Elin Hilderbrand (111 holds on 37 items)

7)      Luckiest Girl - Jessica Knoll (96 holds on 33 items)

8)      The Little Paris Bookshop - Nina George (65 holds on 27 copies)

9)      Badlands - C.J. Box (60 holds on 26 items)

10)   Circling the Sun - Paula McLain (58 holds on 16 items)

11)   Code of Conduct - Brad Thor (46 holds on 20 items)

12)   Among the Ten Thousand Things - Julia Pierpont (36 holds on 16 items)

13)   Who Let the Dogs Out? - David Rosenfelt (31 holds on 15 items)

14)   Sick in the Head - Judd Apatow (29 holds on 9 items)

15)   The Diver's Clothes Lie Empty - Vendela Vida (27 holds on 10 items)

16)   The Isle of the Lost - Melissa de la Cruz (26 holds on 7 items)

17)   The Cost of Courage - Charles Kaiser (24 holds on 6 items)

18)   Weathering Shame - Kevin Maddox (20 holds on 4 items)

19)   The Shepherd's Life - James Rebanks (14 holds on 6 items)

20)   Gut - Giulia Enders (13 holds on 2 copies)

LARGE PRINT

1)      All The Light We Cannot See - Anthony Doerr (42 holds on 18 items)

2)      Go Set a Watchman - Harper Lee (40 holds on 19 items)

3)      The Rumor - Elin Hilderbrand (27 holds on 9 items)

4)      The Liar - Nora Roberts (19 holds on 6 items)

5)      In the Unlikely Event - Judy Bloom (18 holds on 6 items)

6)      The Boys in the Boat - Daniel James Brown (12 holds on 5 items)

7)      The Boys in the Boat - Daniel James Brown (10 holds on 3 items)

8)      A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman (10 holds on 4 items)

9)      Siilver Linings - Debbie Macomber (9 holds on 2 items)

10)   Naked Greed - Stuart Woods (4 holds on 1 item)

PREPUBLISH REQUESTS

1)      Nature of the Beast by Louise Penney

2)      Make Me - Lee Child

3)      X - Sue Grafton

4)      Alert - James Patterson

5)      The Promise - Robert Crais

6)      Tricky Twenty Two - Janet Evanovich

7)      Murder House - James Patterson

8)      Rogue Lawyer - John Grisham

9)      The Crossing - Michael Connolly

10)   Cross Justice - James Patteron

AUDIOBOOKS

1)      The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up (14 holds on 7 items)

2)      Drums of Autumn (Diana Gabaldon) - 10 holds on 5 items

3)      Our Souls at Night (Kent Haruf) - 10 holds on 3 items

4)      Armada (Ernest Cline) - 7 holds on 1 item

5)      Luckiest Girl Alive (Jessica Knoll) - 7 holds on 3 items

6)      A Dangerous Place (Jacqueline Winspear) - 6 holds on 2 items

7)      Far From the Madding Crowd (Thomas Hardy) - 5 holds on 1 item

8)      The Oregon Trail (Rinker Beck) - 5 holds on 1 item

9)      Speaking in Bones (Kathy Reichs) - 5 holds on 2 items

10)   Code of Conduct (Brad Thor) - 3 holds on 1 item

BLU-RAY

1)      American Sniper - 28 holds on 4 items

2)      Wild - 14 holds on 2 items

3)      Game of Thrones: Season 4 - 12 holds on 1 copy

4)      The Imitation Game - 12 holds on 2 copies

5)      Kingsman: The Secret Service - 11 holds on 2 copies

6)      The Grand Budahpest Hotel - 8 holds on 1 item

7)      Still Alice - 8 holds on 2 items

8)      Ex Machina - 7 holds on 1 item

9)      Chappie - 6 holds on 2 items

10)   Fifty Shades of Grey - 6 holds on 2 tiems

BLU-RAY / DVD Combo Packs

1)      Jupiter Ascending - 14 holds on 2 items

2)      American Sniper - 9 holds on 1 item

3)      The Theory of Everything - 9 holds on 1 item

4)      Black Sea - 8 holds on 1 item

5)      The Gambler - 7 holds on 1 item

6)      The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 - 7 holds on 3 items

7)      Jupiter Ascending - 6 holds on 1 copy

8)      Lucy - 6 holds on 3 copies

9)      The Boy Next Door - 3 holds on 1 copy

10)   Dragonheart 3 - 3 holds on 1 copy

DVDs

1)      Woman in Gold - 137 holds on 20 items

2)      The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - 105 holds on 15 copies

3)      Kingsman: The Secret Service - 75 holds on 24 copies

4)      House of Cards: Season 3 - 44 holds on 13 copies

5)      Jupiter Ascending - 44 holds on 18 items

6)      The Longest Ride - 42 holds on 4 copies

7)      Five Flights Up - 36 holds on 11 copies

8)      While We're Young - 36 holds on 9 copies

9)      Focus - 33 holds on 11 copies

10)   Get Hard - 32 holds on 4 copies

11)   Ex Machina - 30 holds on 9 copies

12)   American Sniper - 29 holds on 6 copies

13)   Chappie - 28 holds on 13 copies

14)   Seventh Son - 28 holds on 11 copies

15)   Danny Collins - 25 holds on 6 items

16)   The Water Diviner - 24 holds on 3 copies

17)   The Good Lie - 23 holds on 3 copies

18)   The Gambler - 21 holds on 6 copies

19)   Mortdecai - 20 holds on 5 copies

20)   Poldark: The Complete First Season - 20 holds on 9 copies

MUSIC CDs

1)      How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful - Florence + The Machine (7 holds
on 3 items)

2)      Furious 7 - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (5 holds on 1 item)

3)      Something More Than Free - Jason Isbell (3 holds on 1 item)

4)      Still - Richard Thompson (2 holds on 1 item)

5)      Drones - Muse (2 holds on 1 item)

MOST OUT OF BALANCE HOLDS TO COPIES RATIOs

1)      The Newsroom: Season 3 - 19 holds on 1 item

2)      Game of Thrones: Season 4 (Blu-ray)  - 12 holds on 1 item

3)      Home Sweet Hell (DVD) - 12 holds on 1 item

4)      The Longest Ride (DVD) -42 holds on 4 items

5)      Criminal Minds: Season 8 (DVD) - 10 holds on 1 item

6)      Home (DVD) - 10 holds on 1 item

7)      Scott and Bailey: Season 3 - 10 holds on 1 item

8)      The Healthy Mind Cookbook - 10 holds on 1 item

9)      They of Everything (Combo pack) - 9 holds on 1 item

10)   Get Hard (DVD) - 32 holds on 4 items

Joshua Tiffany, MLIS

Director - Gray Public Library

(207) 657-4110

jtiffany at gray.lib.me.us

"I know that the enterprise is worthy- I know that things work well. I have
heard no bad news."

-           Henry David Thoreau

  _____

This electronic mail message and any attachments hereto, as well as any
electronic mail message(s) that may be sent in response to it, may be
considered public records, and may therefore be subject to public record
requests for review and copying under Maine's Right to Know Law (Title 1,
401-521 of the Maine Revised Statutes).