[minervacirc] High Demand Hold Digest - February 2015

Josh Tiffany jtiffany at gray.lib.me.us
Tue Mar 3 13:03:25 EST 2015

Greetings and salutations,

Welcome back to always thrilling, informative, and enlightening world of
High Demand Holds.  Below you will find the most prized items in our system
for this singular moment.

During the compilation of this month's list, a revelation occurred.  In
order to calculate the list, it was previously believed that any item with
more than 2 holds on it would appear on the list.  After some research and
queries, that supposition was proven wrong.  To appear on the hold list, an
item must have more than two holds PLUS it has to have a ratio of holds to
items greater than 2:1.  So even though the new Danielle Steel novel has
more than 2 holds on the regular print edition, it does not appear on the
list.

This month I've added two new categories - most requested pre-pub books and
their corresponding release dates and top items not otherwise on the list
with a big request number and low item number.

So happy reading, and see you next month!

Josh

Joshua Tiffany, MLIS

Director - Gray Public Library

(207) 657-4110

jtiffany at gray.lib.me.us

"I know that the enterprise is worthy- I know that things work well. I have
heard no bad news."

-           Henry David Thoreau

  _____

This electronic mail message and any attachments hereto, as well as any
electronic mail message(s) that may be sent in response to it, may be
considered public records, and may therefore be subject to public record
requests for review and copying under Maine's Right to Know Law (Title 1,
401-521 of the Maine Revised Statutes).

High Demand Hold Digest - March 3, 2015

Top 10 most requested books

1)      All The Light We Cannot See - 364 holds on 111 copies

2)      The Girl on the Train - 351 holds on 75 copies

3)      A Spool of Blue Thread - 130 holds on 42 items

4)      The Nightingale - 128 holds on 42 items

5)      Being Mortal - 122 holds on 58 items

6)      The Boston Girl - 119 holds on 55 items

7)      The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up - 93 holds on 26 copies

8)      Pioneer Girl - 61 holds on 15 copies

9)      The Whites - 33 holds on 8 copies

10)   The Buried Giant - 24 holds on 10 copies

Top 10 most requested Large Print titles:

1)      All the Light We Cannot See - 49 holds on 7 items

2)      The Boston Girl - 34 holds on 7 items

3)      A Spool of Blue Thread - 24 holds on 3 items

4)      Euphoria - 17 holds on 4 items

5)      14th Deadly Sin - 13 holds on 1 item

6)      Flesh and Blood - 11 holds on 1 item

7)      Prodigal Son - 10 holds on 2 items

8)      NYPD Red - 8 holds on 1 item

9)      Last One Home - 7 holds on 2 items

10)   A Dangerous Place - 6 holds on 1 item

Top 10 most requested DVDs:

1)      Games of Thrones: Season 4 - 149 holds on 20 items

2)      Birdman - 146 holds on 13 items

3)      The Theory of Everything - 118 holds on 25 items

4)      Boyhood - 110 holds on 40 items

5)      Downton Abbey: Season 5 - 103 holds on 40 items

6)      Gone Girl - 99 holds on 42 items

7)      St. Vincent - 95 holds on 17 items

8)      The Judge - 93 holds on 25 items

9)      Whiplash - 87 holds on 15 items

10)   Fury - 58 holds on 24 items

Top 10 most requested Blu-Rays:

1)      Gone Girl - 29 holds on 3 items

2)      Belle - 20 holds on 5 items

3)      The Grand Budapest Hotel - 19 holds on 1 item

4)      Guardians of the Galaxy - 14 holds on 1 item

5)      Boyhood - 12 holds on 1 items

6)      Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 12 holds on 1 item

7)      The Maze Runner - 12 holds on 1 item

8)      The Hundred Foot Journey - 10 holds on 1 item

9)      X-Men: Days of Future Past - 10 holds on 3 items

10)   Fury - 9 holds on 1 item

Top 10 most request blu-ray / DVD combo packs

1)      Lucy - 25 holds on 2 items

2)      The Judge - 23 holds on 2 items

3)      The Boxtrolls - 22 holds on 1 item

4)      Get On Up: The James Brown Story - 20 holds on 1 item

5)      The Theory of Everything - 20 holds on 1 item

6)      The Good Lie - 17 holds on 3 items

7)      Jersey Boys - 11 holds on 1 item

8)      Big Hero 6 - 9 holds on 1 item

9)      This Is Where I Leave You - 9 holds on 2 items

10)   Transformers: Age of Extinction - 8 holds on 1 item

Top 5 most requested music CDs

1)      Hozier by Hozier - 13 holds on 2 copies

2)      Grammy.  2015 nominees - 11 holds on 1 item

3)      Now that's what I call music 53 - 9 holds on 1 item

4)      Smoke + Mirrors by Imagine Dragons - 8 holds on 1 item

5)      Dream Your Life Away by Vance Joy - 7 holds on 1 item

6)      What  a Terrible World, What a Wonderful World by The Decemberists -
7 holds on 1 item

7)      + by Ed Sheeran - 6 holds on 2 items

8)      American Beauty / American Psycho by Fallout Boy - 6 holds on 2
items

9)      Guardians of the Galaxy motion picture soundtrack - 5 holds on 1
item

10)   Tell 'em I'm Gone by Yusif (Cat Stevens) - 5 holds on 1 item

Top 10 most requested pre-published books

1)      The Stranger by Harlan Coben - 81 holds; releases 3/24/15

2)      The Promise: An Elvis Cole Mystery by Robert Crais - 75 holds;
releases 11/10/15

3)      NYPD Red 3 by James Patterson - 70 holds; releases 3/16/15

4)      Memory Man by David Baldacci - 69 holds; releases 4/21/15

5)      Dangerous Place by Jacqueline Winspear - 51 holds; releases 3/17/15

6)      The Liar by Nora Roberts - 51 holds; releases 4/14/15

7)      Gathering Prey by John Sanford - 48 holds; releases 4/28/15

8)      Hot Pursuit - 47 holds; releases 4/7/15

9)      Endangered by C.J. Box - 45 holds; releases 3/10/15

10)   14th Deadly Sin by James Patterson - 41 holds; releases 5/4/15

Top 10 items not previously mentioned with high holds to items ratio

1)      The Hunger Games: Mockingjay part 1 (DVD) - 14 holds on 1 item
(releases 3/6/15)

2)      H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald (book) - 13 holds on 1 copy
(releases 3/3/15)

3)      Outlander: Season 1; volume 1 (DVD) - 24 holds on 2 copies (releases
3/3/15)

4)      Calvary (DVD) - 22 holds on 2 items

5)      A Good Lie (DVD) - 32 holds on 3 items

6)      Dumb and Dumber 2 (DVD) - 28 holds on 3 items

7)      Laggies (DVD) - 26 holds on 3 items

8)      Imitation Game (DVD) - 17 holds on 2 items (releases 3/31/15)

9)      Foxcatcher (DVD) - 16 holds on 2 items (releases 3/3/15)

10)   The Bridge: Season 1 (DVD) - 8 holds on 1 item

Random hints, notes, and suggestions..

A Good Lie stars Reese Witherspoon.  Not a well-known movie but it is in
demand and would make a nice addition to your collection. The Blu-Ray / DVD
combo pack of The Boxtrolls was cataloged prior to the regular DVD copy
being cataloged.  Perhaps there are some holds that wish to move onto that
more plentiful DVD item?... I'm hoping that Birdman winning Best Picture,
Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay will lead to more copies being
added to the system.