[minervacirc] long in transit items

Bethany Wulleman BWulleman at lewistonmaine.gov
Thu Mar 5 17:10:11 EST 2015

Question - when an item leaves your library and doesn't make it to its destination (or vice versa) what is your standard practice?

Do you contact the delivery service to see if it might be at the warehouse somewhere?
Do you send an email out to all libraries asking them to check shelves for the misplaced item?  (I see emails occasionally but I don't know if this is a standard practice?)

We check our shelves, packing area, book drops, etc. but I wasn't sure if we should be looking beyond our walls before paying the bills or issuing bills.

Beth Wulleman  Lending Services Supervisor
Lewiston Public Library 200 Lisbon St.     Lewiston, ME  04240     Voice: 207.513.3134 www.LPLonline.org<http://www.lplonline.org/>

The next time you make an Amazon purchase shop at Smile.Amazon.com<smile.amazon.com>.  Choose "the Friends of the Lewiston Public Library" as your organization to support.
 It is free & Amazon will donate a portion of their proceeds to LPL!