[minervacirc] High Demand Hold Digest - damp edition

Josh Tiffany jtiffany at gray.lib.me.us
Thu Oct 1 14:58:31 EDT 2015

Welcome back to another thrilling, enthralling, enlightening edition of High
Demand Holds - aquatic edition!  I had plans on sending this out yesterday
but the rains swept away my homework so here it is, fresh info plus a day.

Only one real item note this month.  If you have a patron who is looking
for, or is already on hold for, a copy of "Mad Max: Fury Road", know that
there are four bib records in the system.  There is one for just the Blu-ray
(14 holds on 1 copy), one for the Blu-ray + DVD combo pack (5 holds on 2
copies), one single disc edition (26 holds on 3 copies) and one regular
retail double-disc edition (34 holds on 13 copies).  So take a look and see
if you could do a patron a favor by putting them on a list that will get
them the material they want without having to wait in too long a line.

And as a heads up, this situation will probably repeat for two hot A/V
releases dropping this month - "Jurassic World" and "Avengers: Age of
Ultron".  Best of luck!

And speaking of waiting for a long time, the record for wait time for an
item once again belongs to the Blu-ray + DVD combo pack of "The Theory of
Everything".  Cataloged on February 13th, it still crawls through the hold
list with 5 active holds still remaining; the oldest hold was placed on
March 3, 2015.  I feel sorry for the poor library that purchased an item
eight months ago yet still hasn't had the chance to see it sit on the shelf
for a single minute.  Oh wait, that's me.

So be well, happy buying, and I'll see you after the frost.

Josh

High Demand Holds Sept 30 2015

Blu-ray

1)      Mad Max: Fury Road (14 holds on 1 copy)

2)      Pitch Perfect 2 (9 holds on 1 copy)

3)      Game of Thrones: Season 4 (7 holds on 1 copy)

4)      The Age of Adaline (6 holds on 1 copy)

5)      Furious 7 (6 holds on 3 copies)

6)      Kingsman: The Secret Service (6 holds on 3 copies)

7)      Ex Machina (5 holds on 2 copies)

8)      The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (5 holds on 2 copies)

9)      Insurgent (4 holds on 1 copy)

10)   Far From the Madding Crowd (3 holds on 1 item)

DVDs

1)      Homeland: Season 4 (81 holds on 17 copies)

2)      Cinderella (68 holds on 12 copies)

3)      The Age of Adaline (66 holds on 16 copies)

4)      Pitch Perfect 2 (55 holds on 9 copies)

5)      Spy (49 holds on 3 copies)

6)      Aloha (45 holds on 11 copies)

7)      Outlander: Season one, volume two (43 holds on 5 copies)

8)      The Walking Dead: Season 5 (41 holds on 12 copies)

9)      Mad Max: Fury Road (34 holds on 13 copies)

10)   Love & Mercy (32 holds on 11 copies)

11)   Furious 7 (31 holds on 12 copies)

12)   Hot Pursuit (30 holds on 9 copies)

13)   I'll See You In My Dreams (26 holds on 12 copies)

14)   Mad Max: Fury Road (26 holds on 3 copies)

15)   Ray Donovan: Season two (25 holds on 5 copies)

16)   Home Sweet Hell (19 holds on 1 copy)

17)   Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 (19 holds on 7 items)

18)   The Big Bang Theory: Season 8 (18 holds on 3 items)

19)   True Story (17 holds on 7 items)

20)   55 minute core workout (16 holds on 4 items)

Combo Packs

1)      Unfriended (12 holds on 1 item)

2)      Monkey Kingdom (10 holds on 1 item)

3)      Cinderella (7 holds on 2 items)

4)      The Theory of Everything (7 holds on 1 item)

5)      American Sniper (5 holds on 2 items)

6)      Home (5 holds on 1 item)

7)      Mad Max: Fury Road (5 holds on 2 items)

8)      Furious 7 (4 holds on 1 item)

9)      Jupiter Ascending (4 holds on 2 items)

10)   Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 (4 holds on 1 item)

Large Print

1)      Make Me - Lee Child (37 holds on 5 items)

2)      Alert - James Patterson (29 holds on 9 copies)

3)      The Girl in the Spider's Web - David Lagercrantz (23 holds on 6
items)

4)      Friction (Sandra Brown) - 19 holds on 9 items

5)      Rogue Lawyer (John Grisham) - 17 holds on 2 items

6)      Undercover (Danielle Steel) - 13 holds on 3 items

7)      The Little Paris Bookshop (Nina George) - 10 holds on 3 items

8)      Starlight on Willow Lane (Susan Wiggs) - 6 holds on 1 item

9)      Corrigan's Revenge (J.D. Kincaid) - 3 holds on 1 item

10)   Luckiest Girl Alive (Jessica Knoll) - 3 holds on 1 item

Music CDs

1)      Now That's What I Call Music vol. 55 (8 holds on 3 items)

2)      The Story of Sonny Boy Slim (Gary Clark Jr.) - 4 holds on 1 copy

3)      Coda (Led Zeppelin) - 3 holds on 1 copy

4)      Something More Than Free (Jason Isbell) - 3 holds on 1 copy

5)      Beck Song Reader - 2 holds on 1 copy

6)      Blurryface (Twenty One Pilots) - 2 holds on 1 copy

7)      Handwritten (Shawn Mendes) - 2 holds on 1 copy

8)      Hollywood Vampires - 2 holds on 1 copy

9)      In Through the Out Door (Led Zeppelin) - 2 holds on 1 copy

10)   Now That's What I Call Halloween - 2 holds on 1 copy

Books

1)      The Nature of the Beast (Penny) - 309 holds on 71 items

2)      Make Me (Child) - 275 holds on 60 items

3)      X (Grafton) - 188 holds on 57 items)

4)      The Girl in the Spider's Web (Lagercrantz) - 166 holds on 54 items

5)      The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up (Kondo) - 115 holds on 56
copies

6)      The Murder House (Patterson) - 114 holds on 26 items

7)      Fates and Furies (Groff) - 88 holds on 23 items

8)      After You (Moyes) - 66 holds on 12 items

9)      My Brilliant Friend (Ferrante) - 61 holds on 21 copies

10)   The Scam (Evanovich) - 50 holds on 24 copies

11)   Closer All the Time (Nichols) - 40 holds on 15 copies

12)   Pretty Girls (Slaughter) - 39 holds on 16 items

13)   Killing Reagan (O'Reilly) - 32 holds on 6 items

14)   Killing Maine (Bond) - 27 holds on 2 copies

15)   Library of Souls (Riggs) - 26 holds on 9 copies

16)   Killing Kind (Holm) - 22 holds on 8 copies

17)   Rising Strong (Brown) - 22 holds on 11 copies

18)   The Fisherman (Hardacker) - 19 holds on 6 copies

19)   Furiously Happy (Lawson) - 19 holds on 6 items

20)   This Is Your Life, Harriet Chance! (Evison) - 18 holds on 9 items

Popular Pre-orders

1)      Tricky 22 (Evanovich)

2)      Rogue Lawyer (Grisham)

3)      The Promise (Crais)

4)      The Crossing (Connelly)

5)      Banquet of Consequences (George)

6)      Playing With Fire (Gerritsen)

7)      Survivor (Flynn)

8)      The Guilty (Baldacci)

9)      Cross Justice (Patterson)

Audiobooks

1)      The Nature of the Beast (Penny) 45 holds on 19 items

2)      My Brilliant Friend (Ferrante) - 12 holds on 1 item

3)      After You (Moyes) - 10 holds on 5 items

4)      Come rain or come shine (Karon) - 10 holds on 3 items

5)      Pretty Girls (Slaughter) - 10 holds on 2 items

6)      The Promise (Crais) - 8 holds on 1 item

7)      Fates and Furies (Groff) - 7 holds on 2 items

8)      Solomon Curse (Cussler) - 6 holds on 3 items

9)      Rogue lawyer (Grisham) - 5 holds on 1 item

10)   Raven Black (Cleeves) - 4 holds on 1 copy

Joshua Tiffany, MLIS

Director - Gray Public Library

(207) 657-4110

jtiffany at gray.lib.me.us

"I know that the enterprise is worthy- I know that things work well. I have
heard no bad news."

-           Henry David Thoreau

  _____

This electronic mail message and any attachments hereto, as well as any
electronic mail message(s) that may be sent in response to it, may be
considered public records, and may therefore be subject to public record
requests for review and copying under Maine's Right to Know Law (Title 1,
401-521 of the Maine Revised Statutes).