[minervacirc] ILL Question

Joanna M. Breen jbreen at bmpl.lib.me.us
Thu Oct 15 13:03:04 EDT 2015

Dear All,

I just signed up for this list -- I'm new at Boothbay Harbor Memorial
Library and am heading up circulation here.  Greetings :)

I am going over our billing/overdue letters, and a question arose
about some of our language.

Here in BBH we do not charge fines, so the overdue letters that go out
to our patrons include the line:  "If you locate the item and return
it promptly to the library, there will be no late fee."

What I want to know, is if this line should be removed from letters we
may send to non BBH patrons who have our items out past due.  I.e., if
they return the item to a home library that charges fines, will there
be a fine?

Hope the question makes sense; thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,
Joanna

Joanna M. Breen, MSLIS
Assistant Director