[minervacirc] Returned billed items with lingering replacement fees

Lynn Uhlman lynn.uhlman at maineinfonet.org
Fri Sep 11 11:47:13 EDT 2015

Good Afternoon,

Hopefully everyone is enjoying the refreshing rain we are getting today. I
wanted to let you know that we have heard back from III regarding the
irritating issue of replacement fees remaining on patron accounts for items
that were billed, but returned.

We discussed this topic briefly on the listserv mid-summer for those of you
who aren't aware of the issue. To clarify for those who are unaware, there
is a known issue in the Sierra software that leaves the replacement charge
on the patron's account, even when the item has been returned.
Additionally, it doesn't happen each time, but for random items even on the
same patron's account.

When we notified III about the glitch, they were working on a fix, but did
not have an ETA for a resolution. We now have confirmation that there is a
patch available in the latest version of Sierra 2.0.2.

We will be upgrading to Sierra 2.0.2 within the next month dependent upon
III's schedule. When we have a more definitive time frame, more information
will be posted via the listservs.

Respectfully,

*Lynn A. Uhlman*
*Systems Training and Support Librarian*

*Maine InfoNet*
Email: lynn.uhlman at maineinfonet.org <mail+to:lynn.uhlman at maineinfonet.org>