[minervacirc] High Demand Hold List - The Late Edition

Josh Tiffany jtiffany at gray.lib.me.us
Fri Sep 11 12:52:21 EDT 2015

High Demand Holds List - The Late Edition

Happy fall y'all, and welcome back to a very overdue edition of the High
Demand Hold List.  At long last, it feels like fall in the air so what
better way to greet the falling leaves, lengthening darkness, and expanded
elbow room than picking up some hot items!  And since this is Maine, of
course three Led Zeppelin albums make the list!!!

A note on the book list - in typing up the list, I came so suspect that
there are numerous items entered onto the list that are still in the
pre-publication phase.  As a rule, catalogers are supposed to put items that
are pre-pub in ALL CAPS.  Those items in ALL CAPS were removed from the list
and those that were not were assumed to be already published.  And since I'm
running behind my self-imposed deadline plus still weary from watching the
season's first football game night, I made the executive decision to just
let it fly.  So intellectually I know that more than 11 copies of John
Grisham's new book "Rogue Lawyer" will be purchased by various libraries,
however since it was not listed in ALL CAPS it made the list.

And a note.  "Mad Max: Fury Road" was recently released.  The Gray Library
purchased the Blu-ray + DVD combo pack, and cataloged the separate discs
individually.  As this was the first new Mad Max item in the system, the
swarms of eager action fans jumped onto our single disc DVD.  Well now more
libraries have joined the pool by adding the double-disc DVD edition.  So if
you've got a second, take a look and make sure your patrons are on the list
for the Mad Max with the most items.  As we've seen, 10 or more holds on a
single item can take anywhere from 6-months to a year to move through the
list.  So make your patrons happy and lend 'em a hand.

And as s shameless self-plug, the Gray Public Library will be screening "Mad
Max: Fury Road" this Wednesday at 6:30PM in our stunning and amazing movie
theater.  A hundred inch screen, eleven surround speakers, two sub-woofers,
and free snacks are available to anyone who wishes for some free
entertainment.

So, as always thank you for your kind attentions, and tremendous thanks to
those who take the time to send words of appreciation over this endeavor.  I
am endlessly fascinated by what people seek out from their public library,
and I'm just happy to share whatever insights these lists may provide.

See you soon for the October edition of this list.

Cheers,

Josh

Blu-rays

1)      American Sniper - 13 holds on 4 items

2)      Mad Max: Fury Road - 12 holds on 1 item

3)      Wild - 10 holds on 3 items

4)      Game of Thrones: Season 4 - 9 holds on 1 item

5)      Kingsman: The Secret Service - 8 holds on 3 items

6)      The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - 7 holds on 1 item

7)      Ex-Machina - 6 holds on 2 items

8)      Far From the Madding Crowd - 4 holds on 1 item

9)      Insurgent - 4 holds on 1 item

DVDs

1)      Woman in Gold - 110 holds on 37 copies

2)      The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - 88 holds on 37 items

3)      Homeland: Season 4 - 65 holds on 7 items

4)      The Age of Adaline - 45 holds on 5 items

5)      Aloha - 42 holds on 7 items

6)      The Walking Dead: Season 5 - 38 holds on 7 items

7)      Ray Donovan: Season 2 - 30 holds on 3 items

8)      Hot Pursuit - 27 holds on 7 items

9)      Mad Max: Fury Road - 26 holds on 1 item

10)   Get Hard - 24 holds on 10 items

11)   Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 - 24 holds on 5 items

12)   I'll See You In My Dreams - 23 holds on 7 items

13)   A Little Chaos - 22 holds on 10 items

14)   55 Minute Core Workout - 18 holds on 3 items

15)   The 100-Year Old Man Who Climbed Out a Window and Disappeared - 17
holds on 7 items

16)   Home Sweet Hell - 16 holds on 1 copy

17)   Nurse Jackie: Season 6 - 16 holds on 4 items

18)   What We Do in Shadows - 16 holds on 4 items

19)   The Good Lie - 15 holds on 5 items

20)   The Loft - 15 holds on 3 items

Blu-Ray + DVD Combo Packs

1)      Unfriended - 11 holds on 1 item

2)      Walt Disney Animation Studios Short Films Collection - 8 holds on 3
items

3)      Home - 7 holds on 1 item

4)      The Salt of the Earth - 7 holds on 3 items

5)      Jupiter Ascending - 6 holds on 2 items

6)      Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 - 6 holds on 1 item

7)      The Theory of Everything - 6 holds on 1 item

8)      American Sniper - 5 holds on 2 items

9)      Black Sea - 4 holds on 1 item

10)   The Gambler - 4 holds on 1item

Large Print Books

1)      All The Light We Cannot See (Doerr) - 42 holds on 20 copies

2)      Alert (Patterson) - 24 holds on 8 items

3)      X (Grafton) - 13 holds on 5 items

4)      The Girl in the Spider's Web (Lagercrantz) - 12 holds on 4 items

5)      Make Me (Child) - 11 holds on 2 items

6)      Devil's Bridge (Fairstein) - 8 holds on 1 item

7)      The Little Paris Bookshop - 8 holds on 2 items

8)      Rogue Lawyer (Grisham) - 8 holds on 2 items

9)      Undercover (Steele) - 8 holds on 2 tiems

10)   The Boys in the Boat (Brown) - 7 holds on 3 items

Music CDs

1)      Now That's What I Call Music Volume 55 (various) - 8 holds on 3
items

2)      Coda (Led Zeppelin) - 5 holds on 1 item

3)      In Through the Out Door (Led Zeppelin) - 4 holds on 1 copy

4)      Presence (Led Zeppelin) - 3 holds on 1 copy

5)      Blurryface (Twenty One Pilots) - 2 holds on 1 copy

6)      Dark Side of the Mule (Gov't Mule) - 2 holds on 1 copy

7)      Drones (Muse) - 2 holds on 1 copy

8)      Head or Heart (Christina Perry) - 2 holds on 0 copies

9)      Love Stuff (Elle King ) - 2 holds on 1 copy

10)   Nina Revisited - 2 holds on 1 copy

Books

1)      The Nature of the Beast (Penney) - 306 holds on 62 copies

2)      Make Me (Child) - 218 holds on 34 copies

3)      X (Grafton) - 205 holds on 55 copies

4)      The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up (Kindo) - 123 holds on 55
copies

5)      The Girl in the Spider's Web (Lagercrantz) - 115 holds on 25 copies

6)      Rogue Lawyer (Grisham) - 101 holds on 11 copies

7)      The Little Paris Bookshop (George) - 98 holds on 43 copies

8)      Alert (Patterson) - 95 holds on 46 copies

9)      Purity (Franzen) - 60 holds on 24 copies

10)   Devoted in Death (Robb) - 53 holds on 9 copies

11)   The End Game (Coulter) - 51 holds on 10 copies

12)   My Brilliant Friend (Ferrante) - 46 holds on 16 copies

13)   The Scam (Evanovich) - 45 holds on 6 copies

14)   Dance of the Bones (Jance) - 41 holds on 12 copies

15)   The Survivor (Flynn) - 39 holds on 5 copeis

16)   Corridors of the Night (Perry) - 36 holds on 10 copies

17)   Come Rain or Come Shine (Karon) - 33 holds on 7 copies

18)   Foreign Affairs (Woods) - 33 holds on 6 copies

19)   Robert B. Parker's The Devil Wins (Coleman) - 33 holds on 11 copies

20)   Pretty Girls (Slaughter) - 29 holds on 5 copies

Audiobooks

1)      The Nature of the Beast (Penney) - 44 holds on 15 copies

2)      Make Me (Child) - 17 holds on 4 copies

3)      X (Grafton) - 17 holds on 7 copies

4)      The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up (Kindo) - 15 holds on 7 copies

5)      Alert (Patterson) - 10 holds on 5 copies

6)      My Brilliant Friend (Ferrante) - 9 holds on 1 copy

7)      The Promise (Crais) - 9 holds on 1 copy

8)      Modern Romance (Ansari) - 8 holds on 4 copies

9)      Blood Work (Connelly) - 4 holds on 1copy

10)   Daring Greatly (Brown) - 4 holds on 2 copies

Joshua Tiffany, MLIS

Director - Gray Public Library

(207) 657-4110

jtiffany at gray.lib.me.us

"I know that the enterprise is worthy- I know that things work well. I have
heard no bad news."

-           Henry David Thoreau

  _____

This electronic mail message and any attachments hereto, as well as any
electronic mail message(s) that may be sent in response to it, may be
considered public records, and may therefore be subject to public record
requests for review and copying under Maine's Right to Know Law (Title 1,
401-521 of the Maine Revised Statutes).