[minervacirc] Renewing Items With Holds

Josh Tiffany jtiffany at gray.lib.me.us
Thu Jan 28 17:10:52 EST 2016

I'm going over a list of the Gray Library's new A/V items, and I keep
running across items that have been renewed despite a list of other patrons
waiting for the item.

As a gentle reminder, the override of a hold for a renewal should only occur
when there are no other holds and other copies are available.  I've come
across five instances of Gray items with an active hold list being renewed,
sometimes with a list as long as 20 people waiting.  If you have a patron
who somehow cannot complete a 90-minute movie in 3-weeks, please put them
back on the list and send it along to the next patron waiting.

Please.  Thank you.

Joshua Tiffany, MLIS

Director - Gray Public Library

(207) 657-4110

jtiffany at gray.lib.me.us

"A library's function is to give the public in the quickest and cheapest way
information, inspiration, and recreation.  If a better way than the book can
be found, we should use it."

-           Melvil Dewey

  _____

This electronic mail message and any attachments hereto, as well as any
electronic mail message(s) that may be sent in response to it, may be
considered public records, and may therefore be subject to public record
requests for review and copying under Maine's Right to Know Law (Title 1,
401-521 of the Maine Revised Statutes).