[minervacirc] Sierra / Internet freaking out?

Alisia Revitt alisia.revitt at maineinfonet.org
Tue Nov 22 17:58:42 EST 2016

MSLN has been dealing with some outage and connections all day today, and
most recently tweeted and emailed about it about half an hour ago.  So it
might be that Minerva is slowed down by the traffic re-routing, but if your
local internet is having problems, then Sierra's going to have problems.
In addition to our twitter (https://twitter.com/maineinfonet) another good
one to watch is the MSLN status (https://twitter.com/MSLNStatus).

My internet up here at UMaine was briefly so bad I couldn't pull up any
sites (thank you phone data), but now seems to be back to normal.  If it
was campus-wide, that could also have caused a problem for everybody
because the Sierra servers were unavailable.

Famous last words as my work connection has gone again. We will monitor
this evening and be in tomorrow to follow up.   Not a lot to do but watch
the connection and check when out becomes stable again.

Perhaps it's the shock of seeing snow...

 Alisia Revitt  |  Library Systems Manager  |  Maine InfoNet  |
alisia.revitt at maineinfonet.org