[minervacirc] Minerva Fall Users Council Meeting & Request for Presentations

Davis, Kevin kdavis at southportland.org
Wed Oct 5 11:31:04 EDT 2016

The Fall Minerva Users Council meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 1 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Topsham Public Library.

As at the last few Fall Users Council meetings, the afternoon will consist of short programs of interest to attendees.

I am sending out the call for programs, if anyone out there in MinervaLand has something they would like to share!

Do you have an innovative or exciting service or program or partnership at your library that other Minerva people might like to know about?  Are you willing to give a short (20 minutes or thereabouts) presentation about it?

If so, please contact me by October 19.

Just for example, past Minerva Libraries Showcase programs included the following-- York County Community College's partnership with the Maine Memory Network and the Seashore Trolley Museum; Southern Maine Community College's Integrated Learning Support for Engaged Lifelong Learners; author programming at the Jesup Memorial Library in Bar Harbor; the Maker Faire at the Camden Public Library; fundraising and development strategies at the Skidompha Public Library; the Scarborough Public Library's model of involvement in community emergency planning; and Matthew Revitt speaking about the Maine Shared Collections Cooperative.

We all like to hear from our fellow Minerva library people.  The Fall Users Council is your chance to spread the good word about your successes (and maybe even thwarted attempts).

Thank you!

Kevin Davis, Minerva Executive Board, Chair

NOTICE: Under Maine’s Freedom of Access (“Right-to-Know”) law, documents - including e-mail - in the possession of public officials about City business are classified as public records. This means if anyone asks to see it, we are required to provide it. There are very few exceptions. We welcome citizen comments and want to hear from our residents, but please keep in mind that what you write in an e-mail is not private and could show up in the local newspaper.