[minervacirc] Seeking info on rental collections

Josh Tiffany jtiffany at gray.lib.me.us
Thu Feb 23 14:17:12 EST 2017

Greetings and salutations from the sunny side of winter.

On behalf of the Ciruclation Standards Committee, I'm seeking some insight
into rental collections in the Minerva consortium.  Primarily, I'm looking
for a broad overview of which libraries are getting rental copies of which
types of materials.  Additionally, I'm hoping to gain some insight into the
workings of a rental collection (return of items, terms of service, vendors,
etc.).

So, if your Library has a rental collection, it would be considered a
kindness if you could shoot me an email off-list to begin a discussion.

Thanks for the time, cheers, and mahalo.

Josh

Joshua Tiffany, MLIS

Director - Gray Public Library

(207) 657-4110

jtiffany at gray.lib.me.us

"There is no knowledge that is not power." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

  _____

This electronic mail message and any attachments hereto, as well as any
electronic mail message(s) that may be sent in response to it, may be
considered public records, and may therefore be subject to public record
requests for review and copying under Maine's Right to Know Law (Title 1,
401-521 of the Maine Revised Statutes).