[minervacirc] Sierra Upgrade TODAY Wed Jan 4, 7pm - System unavailable approx 1 hr

Alisia Revitt alisia.revitt at maineinfonet.org
Wed Jan 4 16:40:12 EST 2017

Hello,

We will be upgrading the Sierra system on Jan 4th 7-8pm (hopefully shorter,
small chance longer).

URSUS, Minerva, and MILS will be down starting at 7pm for under an hour (if
all goes well), with the web OPAC, Sierra desktop staff client, and
validation of other services (Download Library or Online Resources)
unavailable during that time.

After the upgrade, the first time you use the Sierra Desktop staff client
on a computer, it will need to download a lot of files (.jar) before
opening, which may take a few minutes.

If you are on a computer where you do not have permission to install or
that has Deep Freeze or another locking software on it, you will need to
contact your local IT to allow the updates to install.

The downtime and any modifications will be reported at our twitter site:
http://www.twitter.com/maineinfonet.  If you cannot access twitter, the
most recent update is also on the front page of our website
www.maineinfonet.org.

Sincerely,

 Alisia Revitt  |  Library Systems Manager  |  Maine InfoNet  |
alisia.revitt at maineinfonet.org