[minervacirc] Fwd: [MINERVA-L] Planned Minerva Outage - Weds. August 2nd

Alisia Revitt alisia.revitt at maineinfonet.org
Fri Jul 7 12:01:41 EDT 2017

Hello all-

On Wednesday August 2nd, the Minerva server will be migrating from a
virtual machine hosted at the University of Maine data center to a new
environment hosted directly by Innovative Interfaces using Amazon Web
Services infrastructure.

This move will require that the Minerva system be taken offline for most of
the day on Wednesday, August 2nd.

The work is expected to start shortly after 11AM. Although the expected
downtime is 4 to 6 hours, we have been told to plan for an outage that
lasts the rest of the day, in case additional work-time is needed.

All libraries should plan to use their off-line circulation procedures
during the outage.

As we get closer to the actual outage date, we will be sending more
communications as well as more instructions for off-line circulation, and
any other activities required at the local libraries.

We apologize for the inconvenience this will cause. We recognize that a
Sunday or overnight outage would be preferable, but that is simply not an
option for this type of work.

Best
-James

James M Jackson Sanborn