[minervacirc] RESCHEDULED: Minerva Sierra Upgrade is now Tues June 20th 8pm

Alisia Revitt alisia.revitt at maineinfonet.org
Tue Jun 13 12:51:23 EDT 2017

Hello, Minervians,

Due to a holdup getting the upgrade from III, we have had to push back the
upgrade by a week to Tuesday June 20th.  So, now we will be upgrading the
Sierra system on June 20th 8-9pm (hopefully shorter, small chance longer).

During the upgrade, Minerva will be offline, with the OPAC, staff client,
and validation of other services (Download Library or Online Resources)
unavailable during that time.

After the upgrade, the first time you use the Sierra desktop program on a
library computer, it will need to download a lot of files (.jar) before
opening, which may take a few minutes.  If you are on a computer where you
do not have permission to install or that has Deep Freeze or another
locking software on it, you will need to contact your local IT to allow the
updates to install.

The downtime and any modifications will be reported on the front page of
our website www.maineinfonet.org, or at our twitter site:
www.twitter.com/maineinfonet.

Sincerely,
 Alisia Revitt  |  Library Systems Manager  |  Maine InfoNet  |
alisia.revitt at maineinfonet.org