[minervacirc] Send in The Crown (or maybe not)

Davis, Kevin kdavis at southportland.org
Fri Jul 6 17:50:59 EDT 2018

You are correct - the copies available on Amazon (and eBay) are bootlegs.  This has not been released here in the US currently.

Unfortunately, this is becoming more prevalent in the catalog, as people are anxious to get particular titles, and Amazon apparently feels no compulsion to not allow bootleg sales on their site.  Locally, we have been getting requests for titles that our patrons “see on Amazon” and we need to explain that these are not legitimate copies.  When I came across one in the catalog  a few weeks ago, I emailed the director of the library circulating it to let them know and, I believe, the disc was pulled.

Minerva-wise, I think it would be good to get a policy in place ASAP.  I don’t want my library to be complicit in the distribution of copyright infringing work.

Kevin

Kevin M. Davis
Director
South Portland Public Library